Thomas Delarue School (universally known by its initials - TDS) opened in 1955 and was, for most of its life, in Tonbridge, Kent. It was run by the National Spastics Society which then became The Spastics Society and is now Scope.
For several years, it occupied an old house but, on 19th September 1963, moved to purpose-built accommodation on Stavecrow Hill:
This picture was supplied by Jean Marshall
Click here for more pictures.
It remained there until it was closed in 1989.
Few people who were associated with the school can forget its motto:
There is no failure other than ceasing to try